Rent North East are delighted to welcome Stephen McOwan BSc (Est Man) FNAEA to our award winning team.
Stephen has over 30 years’ experience in the residential property market, specialising in the sale of prime residential properties, requiring individual and expert marketing strategies as well as providing advice on development opportunities in terms of viability, design and re-sale relating to both new schemes and conversions.
Stephen has run his own businesses including cold starts and has been head of agency for a regional practice of chartered surveyors. He was also a Partner with national land agents, Smiths Gore and a Director with Savills following their merger.
Latterly, Stephen established his own property consultancy, specialising in providing impartial advice on the sale and purchase of property – acting as an interface between the public and estate agents.
Stephen's experience enhances our offerings to existing and new clients. Whether you require a rental property for immediate income, a property to refurbish and sell on for a profit, or a long term capital investment property for your retirement, Stephen can help source it. There is no need to worry about estate agents and negotiations as we cover that as part of our end-to-end service.
- No obligation telephone call We can advise you on current market conditions and also fully understand your requirements and what is important to you.
- We work closely with you to compile a focused and realistic brief, which takes into account your requirements and preferences relating to the style, condition, size and location of the property. We can advise on different areas and options available within your budget.
- We thoroughly search both on market and 'off market' properties by working with local estate agents and our extensive network of developers and private contacts. This means that as well as being informed about all properties currently available, we also know about properties which aren’t on the market. We then preview every property, which closely matches your criteria.
- Having personally viewed each property and making a very close inspection, we know which are suitable and which are not. We shortlist those which suit your brief, and provide you with honest and objective feedback on each property.
- Viewings are organised to suit you and we can often arrange more flexible viewing times than you would normally be offered when searching as an individual. Your property search consultant accompanies you to all viewings and is there to provide impartial advice and discuss feedback afterwards. If required, any subsequent searches become more specialised until the ideal property is found.
- When the right property is found, we discuss negotiation tactics with you and handle the negotiations on your behalf. Our negotiating power means that our service often more than pays for itself, and our relationships with estate agents and vendors mean that we can often give you a competitive advantage if there are other offers on the property, as estate agents know that we act for serious buyers and we bring speed and efficiency to the process.
- Post completion of your chosen property Rent North East will manage the property on your behalf. Rent North East have just won the 2017 AllAgents award for best letting agent in Gateshead and are well placed to provide a comprehensive management and lettings service for your property.